Speakers: Kannan Tinnium, [Technology lead], Arvind Tiwari, [Manager Renewable Generation Team], Rajendra Naik, [Senior Principal Engineer], Katheine.
Topic-1: Why Indian Grid is Different ?
- Indian grid relies on coal, gas and renewables like wind, solar. Due to weakeness of grid it is hard to even integrate renewables to the grid.
- Grid is not reliable. We have lot of power outages, blackouts, long detection and recovery time.
- Lot many people have limited access to electricity and most of them get intermitent power during portions of day.
Topic-2: Why Grid level research is important, issues being faced ?
- Intermittent nature of generation and distribution.
- Bad power quality and stability of grid.